February 28, 2010 - Training

I spent most of the week on my Cycle-Ops trainer. I've got my white Trek 5200 mounted on it. It gives me a different feel than the Johnny G spinning bike, however it's tougher to stand and peddle, which I enjoy. I've got the trainer in one of my bedrooms, so it's much warmer than the garage. I'm doing 36 mile rides in the evenings with my heart rate in the 140 bpm area. A lot of sweat. My weight is down to 174. I got a tough century in on the road bike Saturday. I rode up to Salisbury, NC and back in 42 to 48 degree weather. I wore all the winter gear I have, booties, gloves, multiple layers, it was still cold with the constant head winds. A lot of climbing with 4,622 feet of ascent. I managed a 6:18 but put in a 20 mph effort. I shot a short video on the ride, try http://192.168.1.2.