May 4, 2010 - Rest Day


We were off today, here in Fort Smith, Arkansas. We have ridden 10 consecutive days since our other rest day, and everyone is tired and sore. I got up about 7:00, which is late for us, then had breakfast here at the hotel, Aspen. I had some Total cereal, a biscuit and waffle. Less than we usually eat. We're all trying to eat at least 5,000 calories per day, since we burn from 5,000 to 8,000 calories. A pack of M&M's from yesterday's EDA care package was my lunch, and got another Chic-Fila sandwich for supper, watched some Seinfeld, big night. During the day I cleaned my bike. The mechanic also put a new chain on it last night, it is ready to go the last thousand or so miles. Hope I am. I'm concerned about the heat for the next few days, it's suppose to be in the 90's. Since I have already had an issue with dehydration on this trip, I'll be drinking plenty of water to avoid the problem again. I also changed the cleats on my shoes today, check out what a couple thousand miles of riding can do to them.Tomorrow we ride 122 miles over to Conway, Arkansas.