February 7, 2010 - Training

I was able to ride outside Saturday the 6th.  The temperature was 33 degrees when I started and 40 when I finished.  I rode over to the Reed Gold Mine area, and extreme flooding from the snow melt made it impossible to get past the Rocky River at highway 200 and Mount Pleasant Road.  I left the area and headed south, ending up in the Hemby Bridge area.  I had a flat tire on highway 218, mile 75, couldn't change it.  The tire was too tight against the Dura-Ace rim, typical of a tubeless design.  My hands were so cold I just could not get the tire off.  I called Robbie and she picked me up, I went home and rode the last 25 on the Johnny G spinning bike in the garage.  It was good to get outside and ride, although the temperature was ridiculously cold.  My weight has dropped to 177 pounds.  I'm still lifting weights in the morning and doing situps.  In pretty good shape. Click Below for Rocky River Video: